Our Team, Our Philosophy
With our team, you have two local real estate professionals who are always committed to their clients’ best interest at heart. With us, our clients have not just one expert real estate agent working for them, but two! And, let’s face it, one agent cannot be two places at once. We don’t pass our work off to unlicensed agents or assistants. One of us is present through every step of the home search process and during the sale of your home. Our relationship is a long one, having first met on the fields of Malaga Cove Intermediate School in Palos Verdes Estates when we were both 11 years old. Our business relationship & personal friendship is honest, respectful, and reliable – and we have fun too – which is always helpful in stressful situations. We equal each other in energy and work ethic, and compliment each other in a way that is better than the sum of our parts. We have deep reaching roots in the South Bay and Palos Verdes Peninsula, both raised in Rolling Hills Estates. We are highly knowledgeable about each area of the South Bay beach cities and Palos Verdes Peninsula – from the cities to the specific streets in each neighborhood. Look no further for a successful, loyal, diligent, discrete, and effective real estate team. You have found us and we cannot be more pleased.
We have formed a powerful real estate team, in part, because of our complimentary business experiences, similar work ethics, decades of friendship, and aligned goals. You might ask, though, “What makes YOUR team a GREAT one, and why should we work with you?” Many traits can be taught, while others are innate or naturally developed through experience. Together, we bring a confluence of traits and attributes that we deem highly important to you:
- HONESTY. Honest above all else. We always tell the truth even when it is not what our clients want to hear. Honesty is the best sales tool and the foundation of our business. Trust takes years to build but can be destroyed in a few seconds by less than ethical actions and false words. When working in a team environment, there is always someone to “check” the other.
- INTEGRITY. It is not just telling the truth. It’s doing what’s right when no one is looking.
- PROFESSIONALISM. From the dress to manners, the agent(s) you hire are the extension of yourself to everyone they encounter in the home sale or purchase journey. We conduct ourselves and present ourselves with professionalism and respect for ourselves and all others.
- CREATIVE & INNOVATIVE MARKETERS. Remember you are not looking for the agent(s) that do the bare minimum. Do your agents provide a comprehensive marketing plan? Are they aware of positioning you to get what you want? Will your agent(s) find a way to make your listing stand out amongst the competition and expose your property to widest audience? We do all that and more. In fact, creative marketing is one of our specialties and we have a few rabbits to pull out of our hats, which we are happy to share with you.
- DILIGENCE. Care, attention, and persistence are intrinsic to everything we will do for you and on your behalf.
- DETERMINED. Call it tenacity, “true grit,” resiliency, fortitude, or backbone, your agent(s) need(s) it to get you the best results. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” ~ Michael Jordan
- REPUTATION. Reputation is everything in the real estate business with both clients and the cooperating agents we work with. With many years working in the real estate industry and living in the South Bay all our lives, we have a long history of demonstrating our diligence and willingness to go the extra mile for our clients and do whatever it takes to get the deal done. This makes for a team that other agents want to work with – and our reputation goes a very long way in getting our clients what they want.
- DETAILED. As a former auditor, Donna knows that the slightest error can have grave consequences and she is trained to find discrepancies. Accuracy is significant for decision making and our accuracy protects our clients. Carol’s long history developing and hiring talent and building corporate culture, knows that every detail means the difference between a successful company and a failed one. “It is the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” ~ John Wooden
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS. Does the agent stay in touch with his/her clients? Can s/he communicate with all types of personalities? There are many people involved in buying or selling a home and good relationships with these people can be a big deal in getting you what you want and all the information to make the best decisions. Donna and Carol don’t just transact; they teach, instruct, explain, and ensure all parties know where they stand and what to do next. We are adaptable and communicative in a way that matches anyone’s personal style and preference.
- STRONG NEGOTIATORS. You want a tiger, not a pussy cat. But you also want someone who knows how to position him/herself before negotiations begin; and someone who understands the psychological and science of the negotiation process. Donna was a contract auditor for the DoD, which meant she had to provide information to support the negotiator’s position long before the negotiations took place. She uses this experience and know-how to strongly provide support for our client’s positions. Carol education in the social sciences, with concentrations in psychology and sociology along with her decades of experience as a recruiter in the technology industry, have given her the skills and practice to negotiate on our client’s behalf. Together, our team has an exceptional negotiation’s background and we have produced superior outcomes for all our clients.
- EXPERTISE. Is your Realtor active in the local market daily? Do they have any background skills that they use in their current profession as a Realtor? What other certifications do they bring to the table to better equip them to find you buyers or help you find your dream home? With regular data analysis on the local market and certifications in areas, such as; First-Time Home Buyer Specialist, Palos Verdes Specialist, Senior Real Estate Specialist, and as a Certified Transaction Coordinator, Carol and Donna bring much more expertise to you than two agents with real estate licenses.
- RESOURCEFUL. Not only do we have a team of professionals we rely on, we maintain mutual relationships, so we are there for each other. No matter how much an agent knows, they will always need others. Whether it’s a contractor, title rep. or a friend, people are some of your best resources. With – dare we say – over 100 years collectively living in the South Bay, Donna and Carol have many contacts and built many relationships with other resourceful experts who will help us help you in any area, before, during, and after the transaction is complete. “Life is too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.” ~ Jeff Bezos.
- SELF-MOTIVATED. We don’t need to be told to take action; We are proactive. We’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. With Carol and Donna, you have a team of two real estate agents with high energy and a strong worth ethic. “I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.” ~ Michael Jordan
- GOAL-ORIENTED & COMPETITIVE. We know that it’s a competitive world out there, and this includes purchasing or selling a home. If we are representing you, it’s important that we write a competitive offer that puts your offer at the top of the Seller’s list – at No. 1. If we are selling your home, we are up against the other Sellers to stand out as the best. As your agents – we are on your team – and we are driven to “win.”
- LOCAL MARKET KNOWLEDGE. Is your agent working full-time? Are they studying the numbers and aware of subtle market changes? Do they specialize in certain areas of the community or city? Do they know the rules and regulations specific to each city or community? Our Team works full-time, we monitor market numbers daily, and we know each area within each city – we study the hyper local market. With years of experience in real estate and calling the South Bay home most all our lives, we have a pulse on the market every day.
- EXCEPTIONAL COMPANY & PERSONAL REPUTATIONS. Are the agents and the firm they work for looked up to as leaders? Do they have the largest market share locally? Donna and Carol have aligned themselves with the top producing South Bay franchise for 10+ years running. This isn’t simply to market ourselves. With Re/Max Estate Properties, we have significant insider information for Buyers and a far reach when representing Sellers. We choose to align ourselves with only the best.
- EXPERIENCE & PROVEN RESULTS. Does the agent possess the knowledge and expertise to guide you in unforeseen circumstances? Have they experienced buying and selling in all types of markets? We have worked with developers, investors, first-time home buyers, seniors, out-of-the-area buyers, as well as clients buying their 5th or 10th property. Whether it’s negotiating a free lease-back for a senior who might need a longer time to move from his/her home of 40+ years, or taking over a listing from another agent who could not sell the property for 6 months, then selling it in days – we have done this and more. We finished out the 2019 year as members of the Re/Max 100% Club and have testimonials from very satisfied clients to share with you.
- FINANCIALLY INVESTED, HEALTHY BUDGET. It takes a healthy budget and years of building recognition in the real estate profession in order to provide services to clients which get their homes sold. Investing starts years before the listing of a home – involving search engine optimization and building a reputation amongst other local Realtors and clients. It takes money and creativity to pre-market and prepare a home for sale. We have invested in a professional website, use professional photographers and videographers and invest in both advertising and marketing to best expose your home when it goes to market. We further belong to multiple networking groups, where we share upcoming properties for sale and off-market properties, which provides opportunity and value to Buyers. We know we have to spend money to make things happen – and we have a healthy budget.